Carefully and safely reopen your media production company by following the New York state guidelines. These COVID-19 reopening guidelines include businesses that work with motion pictures, music, television, and streaming productions. Cabaret Party Rentals can partner with your business to reopen safely with the use of film production tents or tents for film sets. Follow our guidelines and you’ll be able to keep your staff safe and healthy. Read the guidelines in full here.
Physical Distancing for Media Production
All media production companies should strictly follow the mandatory guidelines for physical distancing. Whether you are on set or behind the scenes, physical distancing includes the following:
- Ensure that indoor spaces are limited to no more than 50% of the maximum occupancy for a particular area.
- Ensure that all employees maintain 6 ft. of physical distance between each other in all locations around the media production facility or location.
- If safety or the core activity requires individuals to be within a shorter distance, individuals must wear acceptable face coverings.
- Any non-essential personnel (e.g. friends, family, guests) must be prohibited in or at the media production facility.
- Ensure all production and filming locations can be secured completely from the general public, allow for enough space to adhere to social distancing requirements, and maintain appropriate cleaning and disinfection standards.
- Ensure there is sufficient security to limit access to only essential individuals and to disperse anyone who gathers outside.
- Establish designated areas for pick-ups and deliveries, limiting contact to the extent possible.
Protective Equipment & Sanitation for Film Production
In order to effectively open your media production company in the safest manner, please ensure all employees, cast, and crew follow the guidelines for face coverings, cleaning, and sanitation.
- Provide all individuals with an acceptable face covering at no-cost to the employee, cast, or crew member.
- Acceptable face coverings include but are not limited to cloth-based face coverings and disposable masks that cover both the mouth and nose.
- Face coverings must be cleaned or replaced after use or when damaged or soiled, may not be shared, and should be properly stored or discarded.
- Adhere to hygiene, cleaning, and disinfection requirements from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Department of Health (DOH) and maintain logs on site that document date, time, and scope of cleaning and disinfection.
- Provide and maintain hand hygiene stations throughout the facility or location, including handwashing with soap, running warm water, and paper towels, as well as an alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing 60% or more alcohol for areas where handwashing is not feasible.
- Conduct regular cleaning and disinfection of the media production facility or location including high risk areas and frequently touched surfaces.
- Ensure that all media production equipment and tools are regularly cleaned and disinfected using registered disinfectants. Refer to Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) products identified by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as effective against COVID-19.
- Ensure all props, costumes, and set materials are cleaned and disinfected between each use and stored in sealed containers between uses.
- Prohibit shared food and beverages among all persons and reserve adequate space for employees, cast, and crew to observe social distancing while eating meals.
Reopening Your Media Production Company with Cabaret Party Rentals!
By closely following these guidelines, you will be able to reopen your media company without putting your staff, cast, or crew at risk of contracting COVID-19. For additional support, contact Cabaret Party Rental. Our team can provide social distancing solutions and outdoor coverings to address your needs. We can offer both film production tents and tents for film sets. We have a variety of sizes, shapes, and styles. You can feel confident partnering with our team during this time of need.